Wow, Simey and Dharn back in the game? Very cool! Also fun to see Seren back, incase he ties up with Beowuuf again.
Beowuuf looked at the shrine again with an appraising eye, perhaps embarrassed at missing the finer detail. "Despite appearances I am a Vakeros of Dessi," said Beowuuf, formally. "My name is Lord Rehme, Tamas Rehme, although outside of Dessi I go by the name of Beowuuf."
Beowuuf makes a final gesture of devotion, and turns his full attention to the knight, "I originally came to the Timb to seek anything of interest to the Elder Magi, and to ensure nothing that threatened Dessi was located by our enemies. I came to this particular place as the companion of a pair of scholars. I would hope to aid their peaceful endeavours further. I also deparated from an ally early on, and would hope to find him again at some point."
Beowuuf shrugged. "What of your story...Sir Randalf, is it?"
Post by Aguila Saber on Oct 12, 2010 15:34:18 GMT -5
Beowuuf (Round 16)
"Actually, I and my squire," Randalf gestures towards the centre of the chapel, " were on our way to Sommerlund to take up position at our local embassy in Holmgard. It so happened that our King asked us to take care of a diplomatic errand in Varetta first."
"The news of the discovery of the Tomb co-incided with my visit to the King's court and I was invited to keep things in order here."
"From what I gather Tomb robbers are not the main problem here. There appears to be a necromantic cult in this place and they are controlling large parts of the lower level of the Tomb already."
"Indeed, I encountered one of the members in an area controlled by the water elements not to long ago. We managed to deal with the necormancer, and then aided the elementals in destroying the place."
Beowuuf goes on to give a brief description of the purification.
"The elemental did warn more of these sects were around. I had not realised the problem was so great." Beowuuf pauses for a second. "Is anyone in this place mounting an effort to confront these people? Personally, and as a respresentative of Dessi, I would gladly aid in ridding this sacred place of such a taint. I fear the power they could discover should they defeat the guardians of this place."
"Well, just in case you're right about what these clothes are for, I'd say whatever way's quickest," Seren says. He glances again at the white-clad group of apparent prisoners. "I was thinking perhaps painting smocks myself."
He runs his eyes again over the gloomy scene of the larger chamber, peering suspiciously into the darkness beyond where the cloaked figures pace. "But I don't suppose we can take the chance," he says looking back at the woman who untied him and shrugging his eyebrows. "And I'm no painter anyway."
Turning his attention back to the near end of the chamber, Seren nods towards the doorway in the opposite corner. "That's where we need to go.We shouldn't go running into the darkness at the other end. Jumping the guards might be possible with this many of us. But there are alarms of some sort on the floor surrounding us - we'll have to take care of them before we go anywhere." He thinks for moment. "How much rope have we got from everyone that you've untied?"
Seren will try and make out what the alarms are like - are they just runes in the floor or are they objects placed on the floor? Is there anything in sight that that might be lassoed by a length of rope without touching the alarms? Is there anything - apart from people - that rope could be tied to?
And is there a door in the doorway? Does it get opened and closed? Any guess as to whether it's locked or unlocked?
Post by Aguila Saber on Oct 13, 2010 11:04:43 GMT -5
Beowuuf (Round 17)
"You have come to the right place. The priests here are the ones that organizes the resistance there is so far. Also. this chapel is rather close to the areas where the cult have been sighted and it is belied that some of their secret hideouts are nearbye"
"It is dangerous to travel near to the cult though and the priests try to send out people in groups."
Post by Aguila Saber on Oct 13, 2010 12:03:24 GMT -5
Seren and Melor (Up to Round 9)
To Seren (one of the captives): "I noticed some ash in one corner. Could no doubt by used for dying your face and garments if you so wish."
About the ropes the female suggests: "They've used about 1,5 metres rope to tie each of us and the rope is good quality. I'd suggest you all take it along. Make a lassoo in one end and a hard knot in the other. The knot can make do as a primitive weapon. The lassoo end could have its uses as well."
(Several of your co-prisoners take this advice. You do as you wish.)
There is nothing for now that is in range for the ropes, but beyond the trapped area there is some crude furniture; some stools and a table. There are also pegs and lanterns fastened to the walls, but not within range for now.
As for the alarms and traps: Your special allows you to try and disarm the traps without tools. At a rough guesstimate you assess 1 minute's effort to have the following likely outcomes: 40% chance of disabling one trap, 30% of failure, 30% chance of triggering the alarm.
In order to clear a path out, you need to disable two traps.
(Notice however that your assessment is not guaranteed to be accurate. )
Also notice that if there is someone with magical talent among the six other captives who could counter the magical parts of the traps then chances would be better.
There appears to be a door-way at the 'E' point. None has passed through it while you have been awake.
"For a sling you need an elastic part. I suggest for now to use the rope as a weapon."
You have now had time to look at your companions. The seven captives are: - 1 Female Human - 1 Male Cloon - 1 Male Dwarf - 2 Male Humans - Seren - Melor
Beowuuf nodded for a moment, once more dwelling on the shrine. "Were you planning on going out soon yourself? I need to tie up wth those I came here with, but I feel compelled to offer my services to the priests. Certainly I can inform them of the encouter we had. If you are going soon, perhaps I can aid your group. I possess both martial skill and battle magics that have served me well."
Post by Aguila Saber on Oct 13, 2010 14:36:44 GMT -5
Doomy (Round 3 and 4)
The ogron doesn't seem to mind the questions. Any new company seems far-fetched here. It soon becomes clear to you by the vague descriptions that this ogron has lived his entire life here below the earth. His description is not that helpful. You do recognize the likely origin of some soldiers based on their emblems (Eldenorans and Salonese), but that is largely all you learn.
A few of the visitors traded for some new weapons and armoury, one person asked for directions to the Great Hall, while the remainder simply looked around and then walked away and exited this room.
There hasn't been any trouble here, and looking at this big towering ogron armed with a huge warhammer, this is perhaps not all that surprising.