Looking for help with a Lone Wolf-based RTS Mar 10, 2013 11:47:54 GMT -5
Post by Beowuuf on Mar 10, 2013 11:47:54 GMT -5
Welcome to the forums!
1. The only thing is pitting Ishir and Naar against each other. It's really Kai versus Naar. Ishir is on Kai's side but as broker of the original peace it's odd to put her front and centre. Any reason for the change?
2. Someone may have a bettre answer, but I would say three things - constant deployment against each other, hostory of noble backing, and constant wealth. I would say that builds up a good skillset, good contacts (with other companies and also in the rulers around), and good equipment
3. Bor is right beside the tenatarius, so on the outskirts of Northern Magnamund. I would say leaqving Bor forces as mercenery detachments makes sense, and leaving the kingdom itself out of it.
4. Naar commands undead and magical technologies, Ishir seems ot have a protective/nurturing aspect, and Kai is definitely the fighting strength instilled in the Kai monks (mental fortitide and psionic powers, greater martial skills and abilities)
5. The Vakeros of Dessi are warrior knight-mages and there are Magicians too. They do not go far in to the world, but they have fought wars against Vassgonia in their history. I would certainly include them.
6. Magnamund does support that range of equipment too, so it seems compatible.
7. Magic is rare and limited. Even the magical races have powers limited to effects that are compatible to artillery and firearms (With the same 'ammo' restrictions in health or mental deterioration), and numbers limited too. The Darklands is probably the greatest in terms of magicians, and the greatest are all but trapped in the Darklands cities, so mostly magic comes in the form of powerful weapons from there.
8. Left handed magic is the 'good' magic, practised by the Brotherhood of the Crystal Star. It physically drains the spellcaster, and can be seen as the traditional wizard effects - lightning, webs, levitation, healing. Right handed magic is the 'evil' magic of Naar, as practised by the Nadziran in the Darklands. Fireballs, summoning undead, polymorphing, etc - destructive or evil would be the basic idea. There is also the 'old kingdom' magic practised by Dessi to take in to account. More elemental, powered by mental energies. When practised by the Vakeros, very much grounded in martial augmentation - shatter a weapon/missle, blow an enemy backwards with force, swiften movements, etc
Phantomdoodler does a lot of good work doing conversions for a variety of systems in the Forge forum - it might be an idea to look through his work for ideas, or even contact him directly?